The Cambridge Society of London is the official Regional Society for Cambridge alumni and alumnae who live, work or socialise in London.
Formed over 40 years ago and having travelled through a number of transitions, the Society now focuses on fostering a community for Cambridge alum in London and running special events for members in the areas of culture, history, world affairs, sport, targeted networking and freshers' parties. If you are interested in joining, please visit our membership page.
Events have included:
- Lord's Cricket: private suites in the Tavern Stand to see the Varsity Matches.
- The Networking Series: special targeted networking events at prestigious locations throughout the capital.
- A tailored tour of the magnificently renovated St Pancras Station and its sumptuous Hotel, led by our Cambridge expert.
- The largest Cambridge Freshers' Party in the world, for more than 200 London freshers each year, a short time before they go up.
- Singles Evening: held jointly with an Oxford society at the British Film Institute bar.
- Private tours of Royal Holloway College and also The Leyton House Museum in Kensington.
- The Downing Street Lectures: a German History Professor talking about the Germans' view of Churchill, in the old Privy Council Courtroom in No 9.
- The Art Safari: a private tour of art galleries in the East End, with talks and hosted receptions.
- Lambeth Palace: a private tour by one of our members, an accredited guide.
- The Trafalgar Day Lecture - 200 years later, delivered by Lord Walpole.
- Billingsgate and the Fishmongers Hall: early summer morning guided tour of the fish market followed by breakfast in the magnificent Fishmongers Hall on the Thames.
The Society provides a great opportunity to make new friends and contacts with other Cambridge alumni and alumnae in London, whilst enjoying interesting and varied social events. In addition, through exclusive forums, members can keep in touch, ask questions and support each other year-round. Regular Society communications keep members up-to-date with events and other news.
If you are interested in joining, please visit our membership page.
To stay current on our activities, please follow us on: